While you are building a machine learning solution, you should answer, or at least keep in mind, the following questions:
- What question(s) am I trying to answer? Do I think the data collected can answer that question?
- What is the best way to phrase my question(s) as a machine learning problem?
- Have I collected enough data to represent the problem I want to solve?
- What features of the data did I extract, and will these enable the right predictions?
- How will I measure success in my application?
- How will the machine learning solution interact with other parts of my research or business product?